Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cabreo IGT (La Pietra) Toscana 2010 Chardonnay





Cabreo IGT (La Pietra) Toscana 2010 Chardonnay, $34,42-$44.99, 89 points, has a pale straw-yellow color that rides a medium unimpressive body of fair acidity.
Woody vanilla toast, butter, slate, and green melon are arrayed in a complex flavor profile that culminates in an explosive black pepper and ginger finish.
I was quite surprised by how much this Chardonnay reminded me of what typically comes from California, and I admit that if I had tasted blind, I would have thought California Chardonnay!
If you love Chardonnay, this wine maybe something you might like to taste, as pervious vintages scored in the range of 94 points with the "Big Boys"; I was, sadly, not so impressed.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013  Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment