Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Santa Margherita 2015 Pinot Grigio (DOC)


Santa Margherita 2015 Pinot Grigio (DOC), $17.94-$22.99 ($2 less than 5 yrs. ago), 92 points, was a light brass color, and just short of the glass edge turned water clear.
Interesting aromas of lemon grass, lime, and fresh-cut hay were delightful.
Light, crisp, and mouth-watering acidity with flavors reflective of the aromas were excellent.
Finished lemony with energetic ginger and a well-integrated 12.5% alcohol.
I don't remember ever having a Pinot Grigio that so much reminded me of a great Sauvignon Blanc.
Paired perfectly with a Pu-pu platter.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


 

2 comments:

  1. Haven't had this in years, I should try it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: I wanted to 'hate' this wine, but I loved it! That speaks volumes.

      Delete