Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Tuscan Vines Waxes Wine Philosophical


 
"Wine's . . . very success depends upon the vagaries of nature and the whim of the winemaker who carefully acts as a devoted custodian."
 


Reminds me of: The best of Sideways: Mia's soliloquy.

There are other thoughts on wine, but the negative ones are not found here; what is expressed here is as John has well stated: "History."
 
In another post my own thoughts were expressed this way: "Old" man's Trek Into "Wine Country" is intended not so much a book of reviews, but of the beauty of wine, the vineyards, its people's blood, sweat, and tears, the earth, sun, air, water or lack of it, and the fruit itself, all evident in the "Vinification's" end product. . .
 
Galileo's quote is by far more succinct and enduring: "Wine is sunlight, held together by water."
 
Feel free to chime-in!
 
Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking to Tuscan Vines. And I'm with you, I do love Galileo's quote. It's an amazing summation about this most natural of beverages and how it rightly belongs on the table. Someone once asked me how often I drink wine. I said: "Wine is food. I try to eat every day." Granted, there are many days where I skip, but that really is how I feel sometimes. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete