Saturday, November 19, 2016

E. Guigal Côtes du Rhône 2015 Rosé







E. Guigal Côtes du Rhône 2015 Rosé, $12.74-$14.99, 89 points, was a deep salmon peach pink trailing water clear at the glass bowl.
Beautiful strawberries and watermelon on the nose were amazing.
The light and crisp body with expectedly good acidity delivered aroma reflective flavors accented by a
Bazooka bubble-gum vibe; don't get me wrong, this is a dry Rosé, but sometimes a sense of sweetness comes from the flavor itself, and not sugars.
Finished well simply on the trailing palate and a robust 13.5% alcohol.
Paired perfectly with my nacho supreme.




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

2 comments:

  1. Sound lovely. I am the hunt for my annual Gaudete Sunday rosé...I think I've found a local one that will suffice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: Be sure to let me know what's what with that.
      The sure thing with rosé seems to be Fresh French.

      Delete