Saturday, March 24, 2018

Two Hands Bella's Garden 2014 Shiraz




Two Hands Bella's Garden 2014 Shiraz, $44.99-$69.99, 92 points, poured black throughout except for a thin outline of purple/red adjacent to the transparent wine ring and heavily draped bowl.
The bella fragranza was a potpourri of flowers and mulling spice with just a kiss of chocolate.
Near full-bodied with good acidity and firm grainy tannins carried flavors reflective of the aromas with plum and mulberry notes.
Finished long on the trailing palate, easy pepper spices, and a rather easy 13.5% alcohol.
Paired well with our Mexican cuisine.

Wines From Down Under aka Terra Australis Incognita
Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. “Kiss of chocolate”? High pH, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: In the past I was able to get my 'hands' on the technical sheets (acidity used to be high), but in this case I didn't find it, and I didn't think the acidity was as noticeable as in the past(JMO). I love BG Shiraz, but this was the least, though excellent, of the five vintages I've tasted.

      Delete