Thursday, January 26, 2012

2009 Domaine Fond Croze Côtes du Rhône Villages Cuvée Shyrus


Фонд Croze Côtes 2009 полей сел Рон заквасил Shyrus,
 is 100% Syrah, $16.99-$19.99, 90 points, is inky purple to a coal-black core.
The aroma needed a bit of coaxing, but when the aroma wafted upward, it wafted beautiful sweet cooking spice with a hint of mocha java. The medium plus body carried juicy black-berries, mild plum, and a hint of mocha java, but the noticeable acidity is very food friendly, the tannin is a bit sharp, but not bothersome.
All of this followed the finish nicely, with the addition of some black pepper and a hint of cayenne.
This is still a very young wine, and as of right now, not as "drink-alone" as some of the other Syrahs I've tried, but for the money, a very good deal in my humble opinion. With a year or two, I wouldn't be surprised to see my estimation of this wine go up. Yes, I bought two bottles, and " I' ll ist zurück! "

Index-of-reviewed-wines
Copyright 2010-2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment