Monday, January 23, 2012

Francis Ford Coppola Su Yuen 2008 Syrah


Francis Ford Coppola Su Yuen 2008 Syrah, approximately $14.00, 84 points, is deep ruby red with purple flashes, the aroma is bright sweet grape, and the medium body carries mild blueberry, strawberry, and juicy blackberry with a diesel after-taste which I dislike very much. The finish is spicy, but short. 
Having tasted a few of Coppola's wines, I'm not too enthusiastic about them; the best so far was Coppola'sIvory-label-Cab-NHwineman-/2011/01/winters-cabin-fever-brings-out-cabernet, the Chardonnay was okay, but the Zin and this Syrah have left me wanting.
I wish I liked every wine I tasted, but that's for Utopia.


Index-of-reviewed-wines 
Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 


In case you want some Su Yuen entertainment I do have 
a link for you, but I can only recommend it as much as 
the wine: 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gI4o8W2_So

No comments:

Post a Comment