Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bonny Doon San Luis Obispo Alamo Creek 2007 Syrah



Bonny Doon San Luis Obispo Alamo Creek 2007 Syrah, $31.03-$36.99, 89 points.
This is the most unusual Syrah I've tasted, and this wine has more characteristics than just about any wine I've had the pleasure to 'inhale'.
You will not believe me when I tell you that this wine's characteristics come from a tannery, bakery, greenhouse, fruit stand, grocery store, and from a breakfast diner, but what does that mean? It means that this wine shifts its identity from moment to moment; call this wine a quantum-maceration.
The color is purple-red and the deepest of ruby.
The aroma is grape, cedar, hints of leather, earth, mushrooms, and fresh-baked-bread.
The medium body carries mouth watering acids and flavors of hibiscus, perfumed grape and blackberries. 
This wine reminded me of Two hands Lily's Garden, and though interesting, for me it's not a stand alone wine, but this wine paired nicely with a Porterhouse steak, broccoli and a mustard sauce.

Index-of-reviewed-wines
Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment