Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Château Grand-Pontet St. Émilion Grand Cru Classé 2008 Bordeaux Red Wine




Château Grand-Pontet St. Émilion Grand Cru Classé 2008 Bordeaux Red Wine, $35.69-$41.99, 92 points, appeared crushed blackberry trending deep ruby with a purple/orange hue toward the clear rim.
The nose was a complexity of earth, leather, espresso, plum, and black currant which was good.
The medium-plus body carried excellent acidity with pleasantly firm tannin and flavors that mirrored the aroma, but added nuanced mint, eucalyptus, and blackberry.
Finished long on white and cayenne pepper.



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2014 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking you have a particular palate for Bordeaux.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not able to infer what that means, however as I taste this particular red wine next to many other red wines, this one shines, especially as my appraisal compares to other sources I've since researched (CT I saw averaged 86 points). I suppose this is petrol for your fire :-)
      I must 'warn' you that I have a source which parses what a Brit says and what that means; It scares me ;-)

      Delete