Thursday, February 14, 2013

Argyle Willamette Valley 2011 Pinot Noir


Argyle Willamette Valley 2011 Pinot Noir, $21.24-$29.99, 91 points, appears light cranberry red with orange tones in the glass where a clear rim demonstrates considerable capillarity.
Though the aroma faded quickly, a toasty red cherry was pleasant.
The medium body carries ample acidity with mild tannin, but the light flavors of strawberry and raspberry with tart red cherry and spice that continued throughout the palate and into the juicy finish, were delicious.

The 12.5% alcohol was almost unnoticeable.
Never have I had a Pinot Noir that reminded me so much of a Rosé wine; if I hadn't bought and poured it, I would have guessed that it was an unusually robust Rosé.


 Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this one, Den. Would drink again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, Dennis. I really enjoyed the 2010 version of this wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nick, but if it weren't my friend Ben I probably wouldn't be tasting these PNs; neat how others can steer us to broadening our tasting experience!

      Delete