Friday, February 22, 2013

red truck california 2006 petite sirah


red truck california 2006 petite sirah, $9.00-$14.99, 88 points, trends from its black core to a Bordeaux red color with yet a clear rim.
Has a rather pleasant aroma of cooking spices, dried herbs, black currant, and sweet red cherry.
The smooth medium body, with fair acidity and tannin, though tame, is quite delicious; a gentle cornucopia of black fruit is just too easy to drink.
Finishing a bit thin, still delicious with a touch of spice and a hint of warmth (13.9% alcohol).
If you are one of those people who find most red wines too acidic, too tannic, or just overwhelming, maybe even too expensive, too sweet or dry, then give red truck a tasty-try; let me know if I am right about this!

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Dennis,

    If I can locate, I'll definitely give it a try. There are only a few budget-priced, quality Petite Sirahs that come to mind--Bogle, Concannon. Haven't tried Red Truck's.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick, both good petite wines (Concannon I bought for $6.00), but imagine if you will, the picture in your head of me buying red truck in the supermarket just because there are so few of them around here, and my thinking this wine is going to be a bust, so it's in my cellar for two years, and finally I get around to opening it and find that I've got a pretty nice little wine here for $9.00.

      Delete