Tuesday, February 26, 2013

J Vineyards Russian River 2008 Pinot Noir


J Vineyards Russian River 2008 Pinot Noir, $16.99-$34.99, 92 points, appears deep clear ruby red, but tapers toward the clear rim with hints of dark carrot orange.
With sweet red jam, a hint of thyme and earthy plum, begins a metaphorical "Jammin" (Bob Marley).

The medium body has ample acidity for almost any cuisine, the tannin is mild to moderate, the flavor of cherry-cola, black licorice, and bourbon (14.4% alcohol) all trail silky smooth into a long peppery finish.

Delicious with dark chocolate!




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I love their Pinot gris, actually they make a couple of different ones I believe. Then again, I discovered a better PG today...Gargiulo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. As for Gargiulo, I have not seen, but will keep my eyes peeled for.
    http://nhwineman.blogspot.com/2012/05/j-2010-pinot-gris.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your "Jammin" review; we love your descriptor of “hints of dark carrot orange”. We are overjoyed you appreciated the 2008 J Vineyards RRV Pinot Noir, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and in June NHLS has 15% off of your step-up PN, which I've been eyeing for some time now; can't wait!

      Delete