Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cameron Hughes Lot 136, 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon




Cameron Hughes Lot 136, 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, $17.99, 89 points, has a dense ruby to black currant color with yet a broad clear rim.
The nose shows rich black fruit, plum, and sweet cooking spice, all of which carries into the palate on a full body of fair acidity and smooth drinking mild tannin.
Showing some heat on the fair finish (14.9%alcohol) with licorice and spice, Lot 136 impressed me, but its unfair down-fall was that we drank this red wine with the 2008 Groth Reserve!





Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

2 comments:

  1. And in my opinion, '08 was a slightly better vintage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'll just have to see if I can find it!
      At this point, I'd say a person looking for a good cab. can't go wrong with this.

      Delete