Friday, January 16, 2015

Chilensis 2012 Carménère Reserva





Chilensis 2012 Carménère Reserva, $8.99-$9.99, 89 points, poured a deep purple/red with a transparent rim ring.
Profuse black fruit on the nose with subtle hints of clove and cedar were good.
The body was a medium-plus, and carried good acidity upon the back of mildly supportive tannin.
Flavors of tobacco, cola, and tart pomegranate accented the mulberry and blackberry base.
Finished fair with the trailing palate, a well integrated 13.5% alcohol, and an easy spiciness.
For me, Chilensis winery is becoming an ever-more trusted source for value wines.
Keep in mind that this is a rather controversial red wine, where Tastings.com scored this wine a big 91 points and a 'best buy', while others were not so generous (WS scored it 84 points).
I bought this at the Londonderry Market Basket.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

4 comments:

  1. I was trying to source a particular Carménère just the other day (Paso Robles). I must get back on the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Which one? I was interested in one from Niner Wine Estates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niner makes good wines, at least the Cab I had was very good, and I have in-waiting a Red, but I've not seen their Carménère; would love to find a domestic Carménère, so I've been left looking for them from Chile: Errazuriz, MontGras, and Concha y Toro among others.

      Delete