Sunday, January 11, 2015

Kunde Sonoma Valley 2012 Chardonnay





Kunde Sonoma Valley 2012 Chardonnay, $13.99-$17.99, 92 points, poured a lustrous gold color.
Aromas of  mellow creamy butter and orange with a hint of honeysuckle and sweet apple were good.
The medium body carried fair acidity with clean flavors reflective of the nose with a kiss of warm-wet-stone.
Finished well with white pepper, ginger notes, and an easy 13.8% alcohol.
When using the descriptor "balanced" many mysterious interpretations arise, but take my word for it, this is a most and beautifully balanced Chardonnay! Not as nuanced or complex as some will demand, but for pure delicious simplicity, I've had few better.
When people say they love Chardonnay, I think they must have tasted the Kunde Sonoma Valley 2012 Chardonnay!
Paired nicely with spiced fried pork chops in penne and alfredo sauce.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Note to self: Must try this on Vinomaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: I'll be waiting for your comments.
      Other's comments were "Two Thumbs up" with hazel nuts, lychee, and kiwi!
      WE: 88 points.
      I found that on the second day I wasn't as impressed as when I opened it, but that's more often true for me than not (Bordeaux and Brunello being standout exceptions).

      Delete