Saturday, March 26, 2016

Gamba Moratto Russian River Old Vine 2009 Zinfandel







Gamba Moratto Russian River Old Vine 2009 Zinfandel, $39.59-$43.99, 86 points, poured deep ruby-red trending bright red near the clear wine ring.
Smells of cedar with a sour fruit note were not good.
Full-bodied, fair to good acidity, and a moderate underlayment of supportive tannin carried wild black fruit with intense spice and alcohol notes, but an overwhelming vegetal note was off-putting.
Finished long on the hot 16.4% alcohol and warm spice.
I doubt that this wine was defective, as I had it tuck away in my Euro-Cave (54 degrees) for some years now; I think it just did not age well, and from what more erudite wine enthusiasts have to say about high octane red wines and their age worthiness, that is where I'd put my money.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment