Monday, August 22, 2016

Honig Napa Valley 2014 Sauvignon Blanc

 
 


Honig Napa Valley 2014 Sauvignon Blanc, $11.89-$16.99, 90 points, was a light polished gold color trending gray and finally water clear at the glass edge.
Aromatic fresh-cut hay (dominant), lemon-grass, and hints of honeysuckle were good.
Light-bodied with acute acidity managed flavors reflective of the aromas plus a Necco Wafer vibe.
Finished strong on the trailing palate, a well-integrated 13.5% alcohol, hints of bland pineapple, good ginger, and white pepper notes.
Paired perfectly with my sautéed North Atlantic sea scallops.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. I like this SB. Not keen on their Rutherford version, but the Napa one is mighty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: It's not easy for me to evaluate vintages, and comparing only eight 2014 Cali SBs may not be enough to compare with sixty-seven 2013 Cali SBs, but I'll say this: I'm very impressed with the eleven Cali SB wines (especially NAPA) I've tasted so far; I'll be buying more of them as I find them.

      Delete