Sunday, August 7, 2016

Dr. Konstantin Frank Finger Lakes 2013 Pinot Noir






Dr. Konstantin Frank Finger Lakes 2013 Pinot Noir, $22.49-$24.99, 88 points, poured a rich burgundy purple/red with a thin clear wine ring.
Intriguing aromas of cinnamon-spiced red cherry with the slightest whiff of celery-salt were appealing.
Just passing the threshold of medium-bodied with good acidity and an easy underlayment of tannin carried juicy flavors of red cherry and red raspberry into the very long finish of warm spices and a restrained 13% alcohol.
Paired quite well with a North East Saturday tradition of Franks (ugh) and Boston-baked beans.
I bought this wine at the Whole Foods of Bedford.



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


 

3 comments:

  1. Although I'm not a Pinot noir fan, I have been really interested in the Finger Lakes viticultural history of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vg: I bought this after reading your interest in "Finger Lakes Wine and the Legacy of Dr. Konstantin Frank"; I figured I'd get a taste-up on what you were reading;-)
      Dr.Frank

      Delete