Sunday, May 19, 2019

La Mozza I Perazzi Maremma Toscana 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon DOC (Italy)






La Mozza I Perazzi Maremma Toscana 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon DOC (Italy), $14.44-$16.99, 90 points, poured a deep ruby grading cranberry red with a broad meniscus and dense stained legs.
Aromas were rather 'dumb', but a light floral red raspberry was nice (I know some of you don't like that descriptor).
An unusually light (medium-bodied) Cabernet Sauvignon with good acidity and a mellow supportive underlayment of tannin was the conduit for a totally unusual wine: flavors of a rich red fruit medley nuanced with sweet tobacco.
Finished long on the trailing palate, licorice, and a perfect 13.5% alcohol.
I loved this wine! It was delicious, unobtrusive, and a perfect pairing with my spaghetti and meatballs.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2019 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment