Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Predator Old Vine Lodi 2010 Zinfandel


Predator Old Vine Lodi 2010 Zinfandel, $14.99-$16.99, 88 points, is the color of cranberry with a clear rim.
This Zin has an unusual earthy spearmint aroma that carries over to the palate, and picks-up some violet and sweet red cherry flavors along the way.
Having a medium body with fair acidity, but tenuous tannin, this Zin finished short with some heat (15%) and that sweet cherry.
This is a very different Zinfandel for me, and it paired nicely with our pizzas. 
In case you didn't notice the Ladybird beetle (The bottle calls it a ladybug, to Vinogirl's dismay) which is a "predator" of vine damaging aphids, and is earth friendly.
Good QPR for a good table wine.


Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. Dennis,

    Just saw your comments on the Castelgiocondo and replied. I've also included my email for reference and it's below here as well.

    John

    summus68@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis,

    In the two years you've been doing this you've tasted through about 422 wines. That's got to be about 100 times that of the average consumer or maybe more. Your work is always fascinating to me and some of your posts have made me go out and look for some of the wines you've reviewed. Keep going - this is always an excellent and interesting site and certainly of value to your readers, including me.

    Best regards,

    David
    classof1855.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, you were the first to encourage me, and a fresh encouragement is always welcome.
      Though I haven't yet tasted very many wines from France, I plan on doing so by the time I'm eighty. :-)

      Delete