Saturday, January 26, 2013

Château Lusseau Saint-Émilion Grand Cru 2009 Bordeaux Red Wine

Château Lusseau St. Émilion Grand Cru 2009 Bordeaux, $31.02-$36.49, 93 points, brags loudly its color, aroma, complexity of flavors, and an enduring finish, but what it lacks is texture. A near excellent representation of a Red Bordeaux as I understand them; stand alone-wine? Absolutely! However, as with Château Talbot 2009, ironically, but maybe logically, it was just too much of a wine for common food fare. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad with my Italian meat-balls and pasta, but I generally leave it to the experts (chefs) for advice.
To the wine:
Color: deep purple red and a broad transparent rim.
Aroma: spectacularly robust and toasty, with rich blackberry, sweet cooking spices, black licorice, with floral cedar and a touch of espresso.
Near medium body, texturally, just a bit thin, but good acidity, layered and persistent tannin carries flavors following the nose, and trailing long into a spice accentuated finish with just a hint of mint, culminating and capping-off a very good wine.
When I compare this wine (Some other red Bordeaux wines as well) to some recent Cabernet Sauvignon wines, I can't help but notice a bit of superiority; and this is reflected in my scores, often higher than you'll find in other reviews. If you try this wine for example, and are not impressed, take this as a caveat; if, however, you're as impressed as I am, let me know!


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment