Friday, January 4, 2013

Gianni Gagliardo 2011 Dolcetto D'Alba


Gianni Gagliardo 2011 Dolcetto D'Alba, $14.44-$16.99, 86 points, belongs in a make-up studio with lipstick red to ruby colors, and a perfume nose with candy cane and sweet red cherries (don't forget the broad watery rim), some of which trail into the finish, but there you'll find some refreshing spice.
There's an edge to this wine, a wine many say to drink young. This Dolcetto is acidic with mild tannin, and tart red cherry rules here.
I'm guessing this will be a better wine in three or four years.





Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Nice label. Reminds me of Mastrojanni. I love Dolcetto - it's a nice change of pace from Chianti etc.. Somewhat unheralded too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I like them too, but in my humble opinion this one doesn't cut it just yet, but I do believe, have something like faith, that this wine will improve. You can hold me to that!

    ReplyDelete