Saturday, January 5, 2013

Marcarini Clabot Camerano 2007 Barbera d'Alba



Marcarini Clabot Camerano 2007 Barbera d'Alba,
 $14.44-$19.99, 90 points, begins bright in the glass, yet dense burgundy to ruby colors with a broad transparent rim and subtle aromas of cinnamon, clove, and cherry, seems to say this wine is perfect right now.
Textually light on a medium body (I'm still trying to understand that) with good acidity, mild tannin, and a moderately long spicy finish, sandwich a fruit filling of boysenberry, blackberry, cherry, with just a hint of earth.
A post-post note on this Barbera: I tasted this wine about three years ago, and I remember thinking just how delicious it was then, but I dare say it is better today! I believe the case price (mix and match) this month at the NHSLS is $12.15, and if the vintage they have now is as good, well, this will be a value today and for many-a-tomorrow.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great value for money. Have enjoyed reading your take on these Italian wines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I'll be buying some more of these Barberas come Monday!
    V-girl, I always look forward to the weekend and your comments; thank you for taking the time!

    ReplyDelete