Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Caparzo 2008 Brunello DI Montalcino




Caparzo 2008 Brunello DI Montalcino, $29.06-$37.99, 93 points, begins with a high clarity ruby red and a clear rim at the leggy glass wall.
Bright toasty red cherry, earth, and flowers were aromatic.
Medium-bodied with bright acidity and layered but comfortable tannin complimented a rich assortment of harmonious flavors, with red cherry, strawberry, hints of bourbon, tobacco, and dried savory herbs which were carried along with a moderately smooth texture.
Finishing fairly long with spice, wrapped-up a very good red wine.
I'm going out on a limb with this Brunello, and having not seen any reviews, I can't help but declare this the best QPR Brunello I've bought and tasted so far.
Having Italian cuisine tonight? Put this red wine on the table and watch your family or guests smile. Chocolate anything for dessert? Delicious!

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


 

2 comments:

  1. Dennis,

    Interesting. I've not liked this bottle much in the past as it always seems to be simple and light to me regarding what a Brunello normally is. That said, I had a 2001 not long ago that was nothing short of stunning.

    This wine used to be much more expensive too. Lately, I'm seeing it for $29. Though I haven't seen the 2008 yet. I wasn't planning on buying much 2008, but now you've piqued my curiosity.

    Producer over vintage?

    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John I agree with you about this wine(simple and light) and having tasted the 2006, your description is accurate; I like this style of wine, even as the 2005 Ciacci Piccolomini d' ARAGONA Brunello, however the 2008 Caparzo is a bit more complex and definitely delicious; sometimes I want a great tasting focused wine. Very seldom do I drink a whole bottle in one day, but this one went quickly.
      And yes, Producer over vintage!

      Delete