Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Parker Station 2009 Pinot Noir





Parker Station 2009 Pinot Noir, $10.00-$14.99, 86 points, appeared a bright ruby trending light cranberry red in color with a broad clear rim.
A juicy red grape and black cherry with a bit of sweaty sock smell was only okay for me.
The medium body with bright acidity and mild tannin dialed-up a crisp foundation for lively strawberry and cranberry flavors which were fresh and tart.
Finished long with an astringent, tart trailing palate, and a hint of spice with a touch of the 13.8% alcohol.
This Fess Parker Pinot Noir nearly fulfills its claim to be "The best Pinot Noir you can afford to drink daily".
 
 
 
 Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with their claim, & I could never get past the sweaty sock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, you have the perfect way to say things 8-)
      I really dislike the "propaganda" on the back labels on wine bottles, and I'm guilty of not noting the ones with honest labels.
      I'm guessing that you'll be interested in my final PN choices, and I have an excellent one from NZ which will be in the running!

      Delete