Friday, November 15, 2013

Shafer Wines have won my heart, from Thanksgiving to Christmas wine recommendations.







How does this love affair with Shafer wines fit my Thanksgiving dinner recommendations? Well, I promised a Chardonnay recommendation, and after tasting the Merry Edwards 2010 Chardonnay and the Shafer 2008 Chardonnay, plus having the Shafer 2009 vintage conveniently in my cellar for the last two years, based on my past experience with the Shafer Chardonnay, this 2009 is my choice for the Thanksgiving dinner; I'll be sure to post a review.





Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

4 comments:

  1. Isn't Relentless great?
    Had the Merlot recently, delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vinogirl, what a treat it would be to open some of these with you and your family, but as you are there and I'm here, it suffices to know that we have some similar sense of appreciating Shafer wines, in particular Shafer Merlot; only two other Merlots have appealed to me as much: Petrolo Galatrona 2005) Château La Dominique Saint-Émilion Grand Cru Classé 2009 Bordeaux. Nice that Cali-wines are right-up there in quality 8-)
    Thx for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Shafer HS is simply among the greatest wines from California. Nuff said. Period. EOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, as Christmas is soon to be what preoccupies us, I've been thinking about what I would want as a gift, this post is a jump-start!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete