Saturday, March 2, 2019

Domaine Séguinot-Bordet 2017 Chablis





Domaine Séguinot-Bordet 2017 Chablis, $18.69-$27.99, 91 points, poured an unusual pale greyish/green turning quiet grey at the glass edge.
Smelled of a heavenly honeysuckle and a trailing tangerine nuanced with subtle apricot and pear; the more I sniffed, the more I seemed to find.
Light-bodied (who else makes light-bodied Chardonnays?), perfect complementary acidity, and righteously aroma reflective flavors.
Finished long on the trailing palate, but tart and tangy and mustered enough ginger to compete with them. Alcohol was a well-balanced 12.5%.
Paired well with my broiled Icelandic Cod.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2019 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this Chablis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had four vintages of this Chablis, and all of them have pleased me greatly.

      Delete