Friday, March 1, 2019

Snow Angel Trumps Wine Angel! Did I really say that?


Snow Angel Trumps Wine Angel! Did I really say that?


  Snow has a clean/pure quality to it. Mostly adults rejoice in the stimulated thoughts of cross-country and mountain skiing, ice fishing, and snowmobiling. Children can't wait to skate, engage in the 'soft' violence of snowball-fights, the architecture of snow-forts, snowmen, and snow-angels.
  Among the few detrimental consequences of snow is three feet of ice and snow plowed in front of our cars and truck.
  Well, that happened recently, and after an hour and half of backbreaking heart-attack shoveling, my son Lucas and I finally got to the last and most difficult two feet of the nearly impenetrable barrier in freeing our mechanical horse and carriages.
Suddenly and out of nowhere an unknown good Samaritan with a huge Chevy pickup with a plow smashes away the worst of the ramparts separating us from civilization. Later I discovered our 'snow' angel's name was Luke. So, to make a long story short, I left all I really have to give, a bottle of white and a bottle of red wine on the hood of his truck.
A few days later I met Luke, and then I learned that his wife loves wine, and since they didn't know who left the wine, she labeled me the 'wine angel'.

  A bit of a silly story, but good angels are always welcome, whether in plow-trucks, on wings, or carrying brown paper bags.



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2019 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. VG: And really more fun to write than a wine review.
      If I had your talent with 'pen and paper' I'd do more of it. :)

      Delete