Monday, April 23, 2012

Tenuta LA FUGA 2006 Brunello di Montalcino



Tenuta LA FUGA 2006 Brunello di Montalcino, $49.99, 94 points, is another very drinkable and delicious wine  from Montalcino, Italy.
This wine has the color of pomegranate, dark at the core with a very large transparent rim.
The nose is complex with the aroma of fresh bread, earth, strawberry, black cherry, damson plum, with hints of nutmeg.
A medium bodied very dry red wine with firm, but not unpleasant tannin, carries a balanced and flavorful array of black fruits, cherry, grape skin, and traces of cinnamon.
Finishing long and strong on the tannin, tart cherry, and spice.


Synchronous palates rally around wines like this, and I wasn't alone in the great enjoyment we had drinking this special libation. 
Let me just remind you that this wine is very much like the Ciacci Piccolomini d' ARAGONA 2005 Brunello di Montalcino, 
and my palate enjoys this style of wine, but if you are looking for great complexity (Excluding the bouquet), this is not that wine. Cellar Tracker has an average score of 91.5 with 2 reviews. Thus I leave with some semblance of balance.
For those interested in the food accompaniment (The wine came first), below is a picture of my son's handiwork (Tenderloin with Gruyere cheese, bacon mash potatoes, and sauteed broccoli with a Chipotle sauce). Wow! Perfetto!




Index-of-reviewed-wines 

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. Wow! And I thought you said you didn't eat well? :) That looks delicious.

    The 2006's are really great and this is one I haven't had, or seen for that matter. Thanks for the note.

    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I thought the same thing.

      The 2006 Brunellos are awesome as a vintage. I currently have no Brunellos on hand...that needs to change.

      Delete
    2. John, this is all my son's fault;-)
      I knew there was a purpose for all these years of taking care of him!

      Delete