Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tenuta di Nozzole 2008 Chianti Classico Riserva


Tenuta 


Tenuta di Nozzole 2008 Chianti Classico Riserva, $13.59-$24.99, 92 points, was absolutely a wonderful surprise in quality and flavor, never mind that I paid only $13.59 for it. Recently I tasted and reviewed the Villa Cerna 2008 Chianti Classico Riserva, and wasn't pleased with the overall quality-price-ratio (QPR), but with the Nozzole my faith is restored in this adventure into Italian Chianti Classico wines.
The color is dense Burgundy with ruby tones, opaque at the core, and clear at the rim.
A strong aroma of cooking spices and cedar was pleasant.
The medium-plus body carries good acidity and sleek tannin.
Ample fruit flavors struck us to be blueberry, pomegranate, boysenberry, and plum; for me it was mostly pomegranate and plum, but I think if we didn't drink the whole bottle in fifteen minutes, and if I'd known it would be this good and bought more than one bottle, I (we) would have taken the time to discover much more about this wine.
The finish was long and spicy.
This is a delicious wine, one which I'll definitely buy again.
Now I can't wait to taste the Tenuta di Nozzole"La Forra" Cabernet Sauvignon.


Index-of-reviewed-wines



Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment