Thursday, July 28, 2016

Lincourt "Lindsay's" Sta. Rita Hills 2012 Pinot Noir








Lincourt "Lindsay's" Sta. Rita Hills 2012 Pinot Noir, $12.74-$29.99, 90 points, poured a lovely maroon trending bright red at the broad clear wine ring.
A shy spiced-cherry cordial and a hint of red currant on the nose were excellent.
Medium-bodied with appropriate acidity and a mellow underlayment of tannin managed good flavors of cherry, fresh mushrooms, red raspberry, and cola notes.
Finished long on the trailing palate, plum, licorice, warm spices, and a perfect 14.1% alcohol.
Paired well with my cheese lasagna roll.
Comments: I like/love good PNs, and hate bad ones, which makes buying then difficult for me, and not only that, but I have friends that say things like: Can't buy a good PN for under $40. Well, every once in a while I take a chance, especially when it's a NHLS outlet's power-buy; I loved Lincourt and I loved the name Lindsay as well; for about $14, I was elated with this Pinot Noir, even on a hot summer evening.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments: