Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Nickle And Nickle Far Niente Napa Valley 2014 Chardonnay




Nickle And Nickle Far Niente Napa Valley 2014 Chardonnay, $56.09-$69.99, 88 points, poured a coppery gold color.
First whiffs were lovely pome blossoms, but the aromas devolved quickly into oak spawned vanilla, caramel, and something like nutmeg.
Medium-bodied with fair-plus acidity and neutral Chardonnay flavor accented by lemon and all the oak notes of the nose were just okay for me.
Finished long on the trailing palate, a big 14.3% alcohol, ginger, and a hint of sour cumquat.
Paired okay with my deep fried fresh Icelandic cod loin and carrots/broccoli in a cheddar cheese sauce.
Comment: It's been a while since I tasted the 2008 and 2009 vintages (94 and 95 points respectively), but I can't say how disappointed I was with this one.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

No comments:

Post a Comment