Thursday, May 4, 2017

Pure Plonk!



 

Not a lot of detail here, but plonk is plonk is $#!+ and not worth drinking; I for one would rather have good black currant, pomegranate, grape, or grapefruit juice than crap wine, so when I read this morning in the newspaper that Robert Parker (implied) would drink 80 point wines for dinner I had to shutter.
One thing is sure though, you can buy inexpensive wines that are good and even great; just take a peek or better yet taste the Napa Cellars Merlot (I'm not a big fan of Merlot) that I just now tasted, or
Sandogal No. 3 Roble DO La Mancha Tempranillo And Petit Verdot, $7.29-$13.99, 89 points.
Why, this week and in the news (FOX and Friends), people, and some of whom should know better, were advocating drinking $2.00 'Two-Buck-Chuck (a highly dubious proclamation), is beyond me!



Index-of-reviewed-wines



Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments: