Monday, May 22, 2017

Oyster Bay Marlborough 2016 Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)






Oyster Bay Marlborough 2016 Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand), $11.99-$14.99, 89 points, was a light brass color with green highlights.
Light, crisp, acidic with grapefruit, gooseberry, and grassy flavors which carried deep into the long finish accented with a hint of ginger and a modest 12.5% alcohol.
The real story of this wine was how for breakfast I made an American-cheesy scrambled eggs over a bed of salted and peppered chopped tomatoes and green peppers; paired perfectly! Even I couldn't believe it!

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

6 comments:

  1. This is a most interesting pairing. I am looking forward to enjoying it myself. I think I would add bacon to the meal! Would it work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had this recently. It was put in a blind tasting, at TWWIAGE, of 2016 SBs. Out of 8 wines, it was my 7th and the group's 8th. My tasting notes say only, "green/sulphur".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: Wow! "green/sulphur"!
      But did you pair this with American-cheesy scrabbled eggs over a bed of salted and peppered chopped tomatoes and green peppers? ;)

      Delete