Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Quinta De Foz De Arouce Vinho Regional Beira Atlântico 2012 Red Wine (Portugal)






Quinta De Foz De Arouce Vinho Regional Beira Atlântico 2012 Red Wine (Portugal), $16.99-$19.99, 89 points, was a deep garnet red with a broad clear wine ring.
The shy aromas of red fruit jam, tobacco, and coffee with a floral vibe needed a bit of teasing, but were good.
It's been some time since I've had a Tannat wine, but if I had to guess what I was drinking, Tannat would have been the one; not a round full body, but a lean near full body, wooly tannins, good acidity, flavors mirroring the aromas, and I would imagine too austere for many, but as a red table wine paired with my spicy cheese enchiladas, sour cream, and chunky guacamole, this Portuguese red wine excelled.
Varietals were 80% Baga and 20% Tourig Nacional.

Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment