Thursday, January 5, 2017

Trefethen 'Dragon's Tooth' 2013 Red Wine







Trefethen 'Dragon's Tooth' 2013 Red Wine, $45,89-$53.99, 92 points, poured a deep dark purple/red grading ruby toward the transparent wine ring and stained-legged glass wall.
Aromas were lavish and profuse, steeped with cedar, clove, toasty blackberry jam, and fresh laundered linen.
Full-bodied with mouthwatering acidity and firm grainy tannins which managed to smoothly deliver the aromas onto the palate with hints of violets and plums.
Finished long, a bit austere, but with exciting warm spices, lingonberry jam, and a well-balanced 14.5% alcohol.
Varietals were a Bordeaux-styled 52% Malbec, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 12% Petit Verdot.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm feeling all in touch with my Welsh heritage for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that it would please the palate of such a Polack as I too! Forgive me for the ethnic slur, but it is I who am referring.:)

      Delete
    2. Ed: Always fun, true, and interesting.
      Thanks for commenting and keeping it honest! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you my friend. Your description and photography of your Wines have at times made my jaw tingle and my mouth salivate, when I think about sipping and cutting into a very rare piece stake or a juicy piece of prim rib. Sort of like when thinking about biting into a nice juicy tart McIntosh Apple right after that first frost has hit during my favorite time of year; Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed: We'll have to share a good bottle of food friendly wine sometime soon.

      Delete
    2. I would love that Dennis. Denise was seasoning her Cast Iron Pans over the weekend that she got from her mother, and we were commenting on how good your steaks come out in a frying pan. I will research which Wines pare well with red meats (maybe you could give me a hint), and that will be on me! God Bless..

      Delete