Monday, October 15, 2012

SeaGlass Monterey County 2011 Riesling,

Leaving the North West for a change-of-pace Riesling I had to visit this pretty blue bottle today. We were watching that Football game that Californians will want to forget, and having Asian cuisine, we were setting the stage for:
SeaGlass Monterey County 2011 Riesling, $9.99-$11.99, 89 points, has a shimmering light gold to gray color, with a lovely orange-blossom, honey-dew, and lemon aroma.
Just off-dry, this light bodied Riesling is tart with lip-smacking acidity; is very refreshing!
Good flavors of citrus, especially tangerine, are moderated with green apple and minerality, all of which are carried onto the fair finish.
For the money, I can't see a better value in a white wine than these Western Rieslings. Once you decide whether you like dry, off-dry, medium sweet, or sweet Rieslings, it's an easy choice, and an even easier choice is when you discover you like them all as I have; yes, I have my preferences, but for me the greatest fun is exploring as many as I can.
We did open a bottle of Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr 2009 Riesling Auslese later in the evening, but I haven't finished with my notes on it; as a more up-scale Riesling from Germany I must say it was delightful, though expensive.
Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment