Friday, November 1, 2013

Pine Ridge 2012 Chenin Blanc + Viognier






Pine Ridge 2012 Chenin Blanc + Viognier, $11.99-$14.99, 89 points, appeared as a very light gray with a tint of gold.
A beautiful floral peach with Lychee and pine-needle aroma notes could make some flowers blush.
Good acidity carried on a light-plus body crisply displayed flavors of tangerine and grapefruit with just a gentle sour note.
Finished easy on a trailing palate with whispers of honeysuckle, ginger, and 12% alcohol.
This is an "old-faithful" white wine I have often gone to for any occasion befitting its nature.

Index-of-reviewed-wines
 

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

11 comments:

  1. Dennis,

    I really like Pine Ridge. They're one of few making a Chenin. Dry Creek Vineyard also makes a pure Chenin in screw cap. Lovely wine. If you see that, do try it. It'll set you back all of $11. As you might say, wicked good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, thx! I have had the Dry Creek, and I paid $11.99 (Close)!

      Delete
    2. Also, I should get my act together and try a newer vintage, but I have read that Chenin Blanc does age well!

      Delete
  2. I love this wine, always have some in my wine fridge [get a good discount from people I know who work there :)] I seem to remember that the 2008 was a bit iffy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vinogirl, "we" should always have some go-to-wines, and this is one of mine. I haven't tasted the 2008, but I should check my haphazard wine-cellar to see if I have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a nice wine. It's been a few years since I've had it, & that's only because there's just too much good wine to be had. Excellent value, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, can't agree more with your comments!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Claire, without going to Google, ""keep n up. . ." I'm assuming means you need to be up to date with what's new? I'm not only "old", but. . .

      Delete
  6. I was typing in a dark car. And I'd been drinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seldom does anyone make me laugh with as little effort as you do :-) Just call me an easy study!

      Delete