Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Cupcake Vineyards Marlborough 2016 Sauvignon Blanc






Cupcake Vineyards Marlborough 2016 Sauvignon Blanc, $7.99-$12.99, 87 points, poured a light brass color.
Aromatically grassy.
Light, acidic, and marked by flavors of lemon/grapefruit grapefruit/lemon that dominated the nuanced lime and gooseberry flavors.
Finished cumquat tart with the palate following aft, a residual grassy flavor, and a well-balanced 13% alcohol.

Quintessentially a New Zealand SB!
Paired fine with my sautéed North Atlantic cod loin.
I bought this SB at the Market Basket of Londonderry, and no wonder, at this price and quality, there was a 'mountain' display of 
Cupcake wines.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Haven't had a NZ SB for a while. I have been thinking recently that I need to buy a Cloudy Bay and see if I have lost my palate for the Kiwi style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: I'll join you! When I think of NZ SB, I tend to think grapefruit, grass, and gooseberry, but I understand that my experience with NZ SB is limited, and that Marlborough is not the only SB producing region in NZ. The almost two dozen I've found and tasted were all from Marlborough, something I must, as a friend of mine would say, rectify that. ;) But Cloudy Bay would not accomplish that either.

      Delete