Thursday, September 21, 2017

Paydirt Paso Robles 2013 Zinfandel




Paydirt Paso Robles 2013 Zinfandel, $11.89-$25.99, 90 points, poured a purple/red color with a clear wine ring and nearly without a 'holiday' tear painted glass bowl.
Aromatic cloves, cinnamon, cedar, wild blackberry, loam, and violets were outstanding.
Medium-plus body with good acidity and discreet tannins behaved themselves.
Ripe blackberry with plum, red cherry, cloves, and cinnamon flavors were powerfully expressed.
Finished long on the trailing palate, cola notes, juniper berry, and a 15.2% inspirited red pepper.
Paired perfectly with my spicy Sloppy Joes.
This closeout Zinfandel was a steal, and would be a good QPR red wine at the full price; just my two cents.



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

2 comments:

  1. VG: The ABV. did not bother me; I tend to think that the PR AVA trends a bit higher in ABV. levels; even the latest Ridge PR (my favorite) was 4.8%. Wish you could try this one, cause I was happily surprised by how much I liked it.

    ReplyDelete