Thursday, June 30, 2016

Merriam Vineyards, why it's a "go to" winery.

 
Merriam Vineyards, why it's a "go to" winery.
 


 
 
  Okay, okay, Merriam Vineyards isn't Screaming Eagle, I get it, but "underwhelming wines"? I suppose someone has to show-up and appear as their own appointed expert, and who knows, maybe that's why some people hate wine critics while loving movie critics.
  As I continue to clarify my "Go To Winery/Vineyards" list, I have to remind myself of what I was thinking when I began this post: Quality/Price/Ratio (QPR), and would I recommend this winery out of hand; my proof is always my list of a winery's wines tasted; that's all I can do, and if you live in provincial hicksville NH, and not Napa Valley, Tuscany, or Bordeaux, it is humbling and who cares anyway?
  Before I give you my list of Merriam Vineyard's wines I've tasted, I do have a couple of comments: No winery gives me wines or pays me to say what I say about them.
  Though the 2014 Sauvignon Blanc wasn't up to the 2013's brilliants (JMO), it is important to note that the 2013 was my top pick of sixty two 2013 Cali Sauvignon Blanc wines tasted (underwhelming alright), and I always love their Merlots, a varietal from California I am often dissatisfied with (shadows of Miles).
 
 
 
Sauvignon Blanc

Merlot

Merriam Vineyards Windacre Russian River Valley 2005 Merlot, $29.70-$32.99, 90 points

Merriam Vineyards Windacre Russian River Valley 2010 Merlot, $18.69-$27.99 (NHLS gift card applied), 91+ points

Merriam Vineyards Windacre Russian River Valley 2011 Merlot, $25.99-$27.99, 91+ points

Merriam Vineyards Windacre Russian River Valley 2012 Merlot, $11.89-$27.99, 91 points

Chardonnay
 
Cabernet Sauvignon
 
Pinot Noir
 
 
Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment