Thursday, August 21, 2014

Merriam Vineyards Windacre Russian River Valley 2010 Merlot







Merriam Vineyards Windacre Russian River Valley 2010 Merlot, $18.69-$27.99 (NHLS gift card applied), 91+ points, poured core black and trended a rich Bordeaux purple/red toward the clear rim at the leggy glass wall.
Notes of smoky cedar, earth, and black currant on the nose were pleasant.
The rather smooth medium-plus body carried good acidity and layered mild-plus tannin.
Coffee, licorice, blackberry, Boysenberry, and plum were juicy and well balanced.
Finished well with spice, black cherry cordial, and some warmth from the 14.2% alcohol.
Those that know me, know I'm not a Merlot kind of guy, but when Jim from the NHLS gave me his opinion that this was the best Merlot he had ever had, and after I just had the 'best' 2013 vintage SB wine, which too was a Merriam Vineyards wine, I didn't hesitate to grab this one; I'm glad I did!  If you have a propensity to drink Merlot red wine, and don't mind spending a few extra green-backs, then this just might be the best Merlot you've ever had.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2014  Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment