Saturday, July 7, 2012

Quinta De Azevedo 2009 Vinho Verde



Quinta De Azevedo 2009 Vinho Verde, $6.74-$10.99 (last chance wine), 87 points, is light pistachio green in color, the aroma is a dull lime with some floral character, the body is near medium and carries good acidity, off dry with the flavor of lime dominating, but other citrus flavors are present and linger long into the finish.
This wine paired nicely with my sea-food.
Okay, not much to say, but a fair white wine at a fair price, and if you've not tried
Vinho Verde (White Wine) from Portugal, give it a try and let me know what you think.
This 2009 Vinho Verde wine may be a bit on the mature side of its life, for it wasn't that crisp nor did I find any fizz.
Now that I've tasted and have seen that it's quite nice, I'll be looking for other more current releases.




Index-of-reviewed-wines 

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger



No comments:

Post a Comment