Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Canella Prosecco


Canella Prosecco, $14.99-$16.99, 90 points, reminds me that almost every time I grab a Prosecco, I'm satisfied. Can you say that about any other wine?
The question isn't about exclusivity, but of reliable value. Want something non-obtrusive, something refreshing and easy to drink, that pairs with a host of foods or is great all-by-itself? Well, leave the road most traveled and put one of these in the fridge, pop open and enjoy in the 98% humidity and 100 degree weather, and you'll know what I'm talking about.
I'll admit the unacceptable: Champagne doesn't appeal to me (Blasphemy!), but then I've not spent more than $50 for a bottle, but that's my point! Okay, I want to buy a $100 bottle of Champagne, but since the lesser ones are not the bread-crumbs of Hansel and Gretel leading me to the Gingerbread-house of satisfaction, I'll leave Champagne to the experts and hope someone will turn-me-on to the golden fleece of wine.
Canella Prosecco is lightly gold in the midst of its effervescence. The aroma is a pleasant apple-ginger that travels throughout its light quality into its long finish. This wine is off-dry with good acidity.
Want something complex? Not with Prosecco, but if you want what I've already described, then don't hesitate;buy!


Index-of-reviewed-wines
Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger




4 comments:

  1. Hi Dennis, We totally agree with your assessment of Prosecco. So true that it rarely, if ever, disappoints, no matter what vintner you choose. And so true that it's a perfect choice in this blistering heat that we, too, are experiencing right now. Putting a bottle in the fridge immediately. Thanks for the awesome idea.

    Cheers!
    Lucy and Kip (aka The Thirsty Kitten)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy and Kip, Nick is being quite the good "host" and so I'll lift a glass to him for being!
    You guys don't know how nervous I was saying that about Prosseco (Talk about a nerd), but your encouragement went a long way in "making my day".
    Thanks,
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something bubbly is exactly what you need on a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete