Monday, November 19, 2012

Cupcake! Merlot Madness Again?



Yes, I know, I haven't had a Merlot in about a hundred years, the Miles Merlot fit is old hat, and "Cupcake isn't worth blogging about!"
Cupcake 2010 Merlot, $6.99-$10.99, 86 points, is worth blogging about! Oh, and Miles' rant will always be a Hoot!
The color is a light purple-red with orange hues.
With hints of spice and red grape on the nose, the petrol aroma is slight.
Light to medium bodied red wine, Cupcake 2010 Merlot has good acidity and mild tannin carrying flavors of strawberry and raspberry with a hint of tactile glycerol.
There's a fair finish here, having plenty of spice makes an impression.
Advocacy corner: For 7 bucks you could do much worse. If you're looking for a pretty good red wine, in particular a Merlot, I wouldn't hesitate to grab a few of these. Though this Merlot is a bit "rough" around the edges, 86 points is my way of declaring this wine a real value, and I think it will pair well with pizza, burgers, hot dogs, Taco Bells,  heck, with almost any red meat.
I bought my bunch of Cupcake wines at the Market Basket super market in Londonderry ($6.99 with coupon).


Index-of-reviewed-wines 

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


No comments:

Post a Comment