Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dr. Konstantin Frank Finger Lakes 2011 Riesling



Dr. Konstantin Frank Finger Lakes 2011 Riesling, $14.99-$16.99, 90 points, has a beautiful light brassy color.
Melon, gentle honeydew, and with just a smidgen of sandalwood making for a lovely aromatic experience.
Drinking this RSL cold, I found the flavor of grapefruit dominant, but as the wine warmed a transition to Granny apple and ginger usurped the grapefruit and added some of that ginger which followed-through to the finish and ended with an unusual black peppery taste.
Dr. Konstantin Frank Finger Lakes 2011 Riesling says semi dry, but I would have described it as off dry (just trying to stay consistent), and the body is light-plus with good acidity. There is some trace mineral quality to this wine, but I was unable to say slate, or granite. You be sure to let me know what you discern!
An excellent wine I'd buy again. We matched this perfectly with Asian cuisine.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Dennis,

    Very nice review. I wish these NY Rieslings were available in Colorado. I'd love to compare them to the WA/OR/CA Rieslings that I typically drink.

    Cheers,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick,thanks.I've begun buying all Fingerlakes RSLs I can find!

      Delete