Wednesday, October 30, 2013

J Nicole's Vineyard Russian River Valley 2008 Pinot Noir





J Nicole's Vineyard Russian River Valley 2008 Pinot Noir, $34.19-$52.99, 93 points, appeared deep ruby trending dark pomegranate red toward the leggy clear glass wall.
This most stridently red/black grape-scented Pinot Noir added subtle cooking spice, earth, chocolate, and  red cherry to its profuse aroma.
The flavor profile followed the aroma diligently with a touch of wood and licorice.
Medium-plus and rich bodied with good acidity mild-plus tannin, surged elegant and almost "cerebral" (a descriptor I shy away from)!
Finished long with hints of red cherry, plum, spice, and some heat (14.2% alcohol).

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

6 comments:

  1. I've been waiting patiently since February to buy this wine, and saving $18.80 on a "Last Chance" wine, I'm not disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am generally a fan of J wines, but I've never had their PN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a J wine I didn't like! Have you?

      Delete
  3. No, have liked what I've tried (even the sparkling), regularly buy all three of their Pinot gris, but have never had the PN.

    ReplyDelete