Sunday, October 25, 2015

Chateau Montelena Napa Valley 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon



Chateau Montelena Napa Valley 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, $37.99-$47.99, 94 points, poured a lovely high clariety pomegranate red with an obligatory transparent wine ring.
Subtle aromas were softly floral, with autumn leaves, blackberry, and just a hint of sandalwood.
Medium-plus bodied, good acidity, and supportive grainy tannins managed a focused pomegranate, black currant, and cola flavor profile.
Finished very long on the trailing palate, warm spice notes, a touch of eucalyptus and truffle with a well integrated 13.8% alcohol.
The best wine from Chateau Montelena I've tasted.




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds lovely with nice low-ish alcohol.
    What are ya holding there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, it was wonderful; if I had known, at that price I would have bought a few bottles.
      I'm holding a shovel, and you know, I thought it might be distracting in the picture.

      Delete
  2. I didn't notice the cost...yup, you should have bought more.

    ReplyDelete