Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Couleurs Du Sud 2013 Viognier





Couleurs Du Sud 2013 Viognier, $9.99-$16.99, 87 points, was a deep brass color trending a straw yellow.
Apple and honeysuckle aromas dominated, but hints of toasted bread and vanilla were complementary.
The light-plus body was rather creamy, but crisp enough to drink alone without being boring.
Flavors followed the aroma profile closely, and carried okay into a slightly truncated finish (while cold) that included mild ginger notes and an innocuous alcohol described by an unusual back label which stated: "ACL 11%-14% By VOL". However, this was one of those white wines that improved as it reached room temperature, adding length, intensified ginger and tangerine notes.
Paired fine with my lemon chicken and pasta.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

5 comments:

  1. Vinomaker loves Viognier, not doubt he'd like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: Viognier is an interesting white wine, and not so easy to find in NH, but last week I went to a wine tasting where the Darioush Napa Valley 2014 Viognier was on the menu; I was absolutely blown away; pricy, and I can't wait to get to spend hours savoring it, but I'm guessing it will not only be the best Viognier I've tasted, but one of the very best white wines I've ever had. Very excited!

      Delete
  2. No, this one, buy it by the case :)
    http://minerwines.com/wine/viognier-simpson-vineyard/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG, as you know, I try and buy wines offered in NH, and unless I order Miner from outside of NH, it's not, as far I can tell, not offered here. Get this, the State wine stores offer more than 5,000 wines, but only 5, yes only FIVE domestic Viognier!
      Thanks for the heads-up, and I'm guessing the Miner is your favorite?

      Delete
  3. Yes, I'd have to say it has been my fave Viognier for a few vintages now.

    ReplyDelete