Friday, December 18, 2015

Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Artemis 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon





Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Artemis 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, $42.95-$56.99, 94 points, poured the blackest of this year's cabs tasted, but toward the clear wine ring, it transitioned to a crushed black currant purple/red.
Subtle aromas of plumb, cedar, coffee, tobacco, oak, savory, and lavender were remarkable.
Full-bodied with good acidity, firm grainy tannin, and complex flavors reflective of the aromas with massive amounts of black fruit.
Finished forever long on blackberry cordial, hot spices, anise, and a warm 14.5% alcohol.

Paired perfectly with a spiced rubbed rib-eye steak and cheese ravioli in tomato sauce.
Of the four vintages tasted, the 2012 just may be the best!

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

2 comments:

  1. Haven't had a SLWC Cabnernet in a long time, sounds nice.
    (I see you are getting plenty of mileage out of that glass.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: I chipped the glass on the first photo-shoot:( Reminded me of somebody I "knew".
      To the wine: I think $42.95 was a very reasonable price for such a great Cab, but there's an on-line price of $21.99, and I found that the average price is $58.00.
      I should state for the record, as I have for other wines and the 2010 Artemis The 'Pros" were not so enamoured with this wine as I was (almost always am).

      Delete